(Click on Service for Service Line Overview Brochure)
Royal provides civil engineering services to both the private and public sectors from the municipal to the federal levels.
Royal strives to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients by ensuring high quality and efficient design, construction and maintenance of all our projects. Our team draws upon past experience while guiding all projects through planning and zoning, preliminary design, mapping/plotting, and ultimately to the final design stage. Our engineers utilize the latest advancements in design, scheduling and cost estimating technology backed up by extensive field analysis to ensure the project is designed and managed effectively.
Our civil engineering services and experience include:
- Roadway and Transportation Systems
- Storm Drainage Collection and Pumping Systems
- Wastewater Collection and Pumping Systems
- Water Distribution Systems
- Subdivision Planning and Design
- Floodplain Analysis
- Water Quality Engineering
- Master Plans and Feasibility Studies
- Storm Water Management and Erosion Control Plans
- Preparation of Design Standards and Specifications
- Structural Assessments and Design
- Flood Protection Systems
The Royal Team offers construction management services with the intent to provide our clients with cost effective, quality controlled methods of operations.
Serving as the single point of responsibility, our team manages the bidding process from bid solicitation and receipt, to bid tabulation and contract award. Our Construction Managers are experienced with a multitude of disciplines and can provide project cost and construction schedule projection reports at the very early stages of project conception.Â Construction managers and inspectors then follow through to project completion with plan constructability review, bidding, contractor negotiation, construction, coordination and project close-out.
Construction Management Services Include:
- Budgets and Budget Management Systems
- Quality Management and Quality Assurance Programs
- Scheduling, Schedule Analysis, Schedule Control
- Cost Management and Tracking
- Contract Administration and Claims Management
- Constructability Reviews, Value Engineering, and Estimating
- Material Management, Material/Fabrication Inspection, Expediting
- Information Management- Project Documentation systems and control
- Technical Field Inspections
- Safety Management
Royal has developed an organized and systematic approach to managing complex capital projects based on previous experience in this area.
We assist our clients in their pursuit to achieve a high degree of success with their programs by diligently creating and implementing effective project planning, scheduling and management measures. We know that proper planning and scheduling, detailed document and records management, extensive financial planning, effective communication and permitting experience are critical to taking projects from the initial concept stage to the final stage of results. Royal’s Program Management services proactively minimize risk, cost, and impact on current operations.
Our Project Management Services Include:
- Schedule development and analysis
- Staff Augmentation
- Program/Project oversight
- Preliminary design concept development
- Document control
- Construction Management
- Grant Management & Compliance
- Preliminary Design Concept Development
- Project Scope Development
- Financial Controls
- Design Oversight and Management
- Risk Analysis
- Value Engineering
- Engineering and Construction Procurement
Royal offers clients a professional and knowledgeable staff who are experts in solving the complex issues that are present in coastal and estuarine systems.
Royal offers clients a professional and knowledgeable staff of engineers, planners, and scientists who are experts in solving the complex issues that are present in coastal and estuarine systems. Royal is extremely familiar with unique issues relevant to design and construction in the coastal zone including risk analysis, proper selection of materials, constructability issues, cost implications, and environmental impacts.
Federal, state, and local officials have made a tremendous effort to formulate synergistic coastal restoration, and Royal offers permitting, compliance, and remediation services to support those efforts. Royal has long-standing relationships with governmental decision makers and is proud to play an active role in advocating these long-term strategic plans to enhance the sustainability of our home region.
Our coastal engineering services and experience include:
- Ecosystem Restoration- Planning and Design
- Wetland Regulatory Compliance/ Section 10/404
- State and Federal Permits
- Hydraulic and Hydrodynamic Modeling
- Geophysical/Geotechnical Investigations
- Water Control Structures
- Shoreline Protection
- Levees and Dikes
- Offshore Breakwaters
- Beneficial Use of Dredged Material
- Marsh Creation Design
- Coastal, Riverine & Deltaic Processes
- Sediment Management
- Sand Source Investigations
- Project and Construction Management
- Bulkhead Design
- Barrier Island Restoration
With experience ranging from the smallest of consulting projects to large federally-funded recovery and rehabilitation programs, Royal is equipped to manage and deliver projects from conception to close-out.
Royal has developed a battle-proven process for navigating the FEMA PA Program and a strong reputation for performance across a broad spectrum of Disaster Response and Recovery activities, demonstrating a deep understanding of FEMA and GOHSEP rules and regulations. Since inception, our team has responded to over two dozen disasters around the country with combined program values exceeding three billion dollars.
Our past performance, proven experience, and established working relationships with funding agencies combine to assure a successful project. As a result of our specialization in administration of the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Program, coupled with a reputation for quality, Royal’s in-house team of engineers, scientists, architects, land surveyors, technicians and construction inspectors are positioned to assist with all phases of recovery program management. Our team has proven to be proficient in executing all program activities in an effective and reimbursable fashion for our clients and are repeatedly engaged to provide program administration, management, and engineering services for disaster recovery programs.
Our Disaster Recovery Services and Experience include:
- FEMA Public Assistance
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- HUD Community Development Block Grant- Disaster Recovery (CDBG)
- HUD Community Challenge Planning Grant
- Emergency Watershed Protection
- USDA Emergency Conservation Program (ECP)
- Tiger III and Tiger IV Grants
- Transportation Rehabilitation and Improvement Program (TRIP)
- Visible Smart Homes Program
- Choice Neighborhood Program
- Economic Development Administration- Disaster Recovery
- USDA Guaranteed Loan Program
- Interagency Coordination
- Emergency Response and Initial Condition Assessments
- Disaster program policy creation
- Procurement development and management
- Grants/Funding Management
- Close Out processes and procedures